Why is Göttingen an attractive place for language students?
- Göttingen is a lively university town with a rich tradition, and has been a place of study for centuries. The Georg-August-University was founded during the Age of Enlightenment in the year 1737.
- The university has a well-stocked library (SUB - Göttingen State and University Library) that ranks among the largest libraries in Germany.
- Excellent International Student Satisfaction Award 2015 (Study Portals).
- The University was ranked by the Times Higher Education magazine (THE) World University Ranking 2014-15: as No. 2 in Germany, & No. 17 in Europe.
- In 2007, the University received the status of an elite university for five years. Only 9 universities in Germany received this status.
- Göttingen is an ideal place for learning the German language, as the people in this area generally speak standard German.
- From its central location in Germany, Göttingen is the perfect base for trips within the local area as well as to Hamburg, Berlin or Frankfurt. Hanover Airport is situated close to Göttingen, several inner-European budget airlines fly to and from there.
- Göttingen offers a wide range of leisure activities, cultural events and night life. There a couple of nice parks, lakes and forests situated in Göttingen.
- Göttingen is a charming town and has a covenient size. Population: 119,801
Enrolled students: 31,654
13% international students (statistics of the year 2019)
Intensive German Courses
in cooperation with the
Institut für Interkulturelle Kommunikation e.V.
Heinrich-Düker-Weg 12, 37073 Göttingen