Why is Göttingen an attractive place for language students?
- Göttingen is a lively university town with a rich tradition, and has been a place of study for centuries. The Georg-August-University was founded during the Age of Enlightenment in the year 1737.
- The university has a well-stocked library (SUB - Göttingen State and University Library) that ranks among the largest libraries in Germany.
- Excellent International Student Satisfaction Award 2015 (Study Portals).
- Result of the Times Higher Education (THE) World University Ranking 2014-15: No. 2 in Germany, No. 17 in Europe.
- In 2007, Göttingen University was officially rated as amongst the 9 foremost institutions of higher education in Germany for five years.
- Göttingen is an ideal place for learning the German language owing to the fact that in this area people speak a representative German without dialect.
- From its central location in Germany, Göttingen is the perfect base for trips within the local area as well as to Hamburg, Berlin or Frankfurt. Nearby Hanover Airport is serviced by several inner-European budget airlines.
- Göttingen offers a wide range of leisure activities, cultural events and night life as well as parks, lakes and forests.
- Göttingen is a charming town and has a covenient size. Population: 134,212
Enrolled students: 29,927
12.5% international students (statistics of the year 2017)
Intensive German Courses
in cooperation with the
Institut für Interkulturelle Kommunikation e.V.
Heinrich-Düker-Weg 12, 37073 Göttingen