INTERNATIONAL SUMMER COURSE 2020
In the afternoons and evenings various cultural and social events take place:
such as sports, choir, cooking evenings, movie nights, dance evenings and different kind of parties. Participants can present their home countries on so-called “international cultural evenings” and get to know the countries of the other participants. There will also be a hike to a look-out tower with a picnic and sports festival afterwards as well as a guided town walk.
On top of this participants can join a wide variety of language tutorials in the afternoons and evenings to further practise their different skills: oral German/conversation, phonetics, literature & creative writing as well as mini-projects on different topics
(i.e. proverbs, ordering in a café, typical German, migration, et al.).
Furthermore, we will go on three day trips to beautiful towns in the nearby federal states:
- Medieval times in the Harz Mountains on Saturday, 8th: visit of the World Heritage town Quedlinburg (guided town walk), and afterwards to castle Falkenstein including a flight presentation of birds of prey (falcons and other)
- German classics in Weimar (the town of Goethe, Schiller, Bauhaus, etc) on Saturday, 15th: including a guided town walk and a visit to Goethe`s residence.
- Romantic times & adventure in Marburg on Saturday, 22th: visit the town where the Brothers Grimm lived as university students! Including a guided town walk and a visit of the climbing park.
All the before mentioned activities are included in the course fee.
However, on excursion days participants need to take care of their lunch and other meals themselves and they also have to pay for sights they visit on their own (only transport and the planned collective visits of sights are included in the course fee).
Not included in the course fee:
- On Sunday, August 16th, we will offer a trip to Marienburg Castle and to the beach of Lake Steinhude (the biggest stretch of inland water in Lower Saxony) where you can take a swim. Fee of approx. € 25-30.
- On Sunday, August 23th, we will offer a trip to the Grimm World (museum on the brothers Grimm) and to the hillside park Wilhelmshöhe in Kassel where you climb/walk up the hill along beautiful water plays and enjoy a splendid view from the top. Fee of approx. € 25-30.
Intensive German Courses
in cooperation with the
Institut für Interkulturelle Kommunikation e.V.
Heinrich-Düker-Weg 12, 37073 Göttingen
phone: +49 - (0)551 - 39 - 211 99
fax: +49 - (0)551 - 39 - 211 96